There are 7 main chakras in our body, which are considered energy centres. These chakras play an important role in our overall well-being. Whether you are an experienced yogi or new to it, understanding the importance of these 7 chakras of the human body can help you create a harmonious balance between your body, mind and spirit. So today we will learn about these chakras in detail and what work they do in our body. And also learn how to awaken them using yoga, mantra and various other techniques.
What is Chakra?
The word “chakra” is derived from the Sanskrit word “wheel”. In the context of Yoga and spirituality, chakras are known as revolving wheels or vortices of energy. These are located in our body along with the spine from the head to the lower waist. These energy centers are responsible for the flow of vital energy in our body. And each chakra is associated with different abilities, expressions and aspects of our health. Here is the list of names of 7 chakras of our body:
Web Stories: 7 Chakras in Human Body
7 Chakras in Human Body, Their Names and Significance
Chakras are energy centers in our body, the balanced flow of energy through these chakras is believed to contribute to physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. However, various factors such as stress, negative emotions, and physical imbalances can block or disturb the flow of energy, potentially leading to physical or emotional issues. Practices like yoga, meditation, and energy work aim to unblock and balance the chakras in human body, promoting harmony and overall well-being. Let’s read about these chakras in detail:
Location: At the base of the spine
The Muladhara Chakra is located at the base of the spine, it forms the foundation of our existence. It is connected to our sense of stability, grounding and survival instincts. When our Muladhara Chakra is awakened and balanced, we feel secure, confident and able to overcome challenges. However, an unstable Muladhara Chakra can manifest as feelings of insecurity, financial instability, and physical ailments such as lower back pain or digestive problems.
To unblock the root chakra, one can incorporate grounding yoga poses such as Warrior pose I or Mountain Pose. Additionally, practicing the mantra “I can’t grow from an unsteady foundation” can help restore balance and promote a sense of stability.
Location: Lower abdomen, below the navel
The sacral chakra is located in the lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel. It controls our emotions, creativity and sexuality. It affects our sense of abundance, joy and overall well-being. An awakened and balanced sacral chakra helps us embrace our emotions, express our creativity, and enjoy healthy relationships. However, an unbalanced Swadhisthana Chakra can lead to feelings of emotional instability, lack of control, and even sexual dysfunction.
To unblock the sacral chakra, one can practice yoga poses such as Bound Angle Pose or engage in creative activities that stimulate the flow of energy in this area. Affirmations like “I always honor others but not before myself” can also help restore balance and enhance the overall vitality of the sacral chakra.
Location: At the naval / upper abdomen
Solar plexus chakra is located at the navel, it is associated with our personal power, confidence and self-esteem. It controls our ability to take control of our lives and make decisions with determination. When the Solar plexus chakra is open, we feel a sense of empowerment and inner strength. However, an unbalanced Manipura Chakra can result in embarrassment, self-doubt, and lack of confidence.
To unblock the solar plexus chakra, practicing yoga poses such as Boat Pose or engaging in activities that boost self-esteem can be beneficial. Affirmations like “Self-love starts when I accept all parts of myself” can also help restore balance and promote a healthy sense of personal power.
Location: At the chest center
The heart chakra is located in the middle of the chest, just above the heart. It represents love, compassion and emotional well-being. It controls our ability to give and receive love, both to ourselves and to others. When the heart chakra is open and balanced, we experience deep connection, empathy and inner peace. However, an unbalanced Anahata Chakra can lead to difficulties forming meaningful relationships, feelings of isolation, and a lack of self-love.
To unblock the heart chakra, practicing heart-opening yoga poses like Camel Pose or engaging in acts of kindness and self-care can be transformative. Affirmations such as “When I love myself, loving others comes easily” can also help restore balance and foster a greater sense of compassion.
Location: At the base of the throat
Located in the throat region, the throat chakra is associated with communication, self-expression, and truth. It governs our ability to effectively express our thoughts, emotions, and personal power. When the throat chakra is open, we can communicate clearly and authentically. Conversely, a blocked throat chakra can manifest as difficulty expressing oneself, fear of judgment, or even physical ailments such as throat infections or dental issues.
To unblock the throat chakra, practicing yoga poses that stimulate the throat area, such as Fish Pose, can be beneficial. Engaging in activities that encourage self-expression, such as singing or writing, can also help restore balance. Affirmations like “I speak my truth, always” can empower the throat chakra and enhance communication.
Location: Between the eyebrows, forehead
Situated between the eyebrows, the third-eye chakra is often referred to as the seat of intuition and wisdom. It governs our ability to tap into our inner guidance, perceive beyond the physical realm, and gain deeper insight. When the third-eye chakra is open, we experience heightened intuition, clarity, and a deeper connection to our higher self. However, a blocked third-eye chakra can result in feelings of confusion, lack of direction, and an inability to trust one’s instincts.
To unblock the third-eye chakra, practicing yoga poses that activate the third-eye area, such as Child’s Pose, can be beneficial. Engaging in meditation or mindfulness practices can also help enhance intuition and restore balance. Affirmations like “I am open to exploring what cannot be seen” can further stimulate the third-eye chakra and promote inner wisdom.
Location: At the top of the head
Color: Violet White
Situated at the crown of the head, the crown chakra represents our connection to the divine and spiritual realm. It is associated with higher consciousness, enlightenment, and our ability to transcend the physical world. When the crown chakra is fully open, we experience a profound sense of unity, spiritual connection, and bliss. However, achieving complete alignment of the crown chakra is rare, and a blocked crown chakra can result in feelings of disconnection, narrow-mindedness, or a lack of purpose.
To unblock the crown chakra, engaging in activities that promote spiritual connection, such as meditation or prayer, can be transformative. Yoga poses like Headstand can also stimulate energy flow to the crown chakra. Affirmations like “I am a vessel for love and light” can help restore balance and foster a deeper spiritual connection.
Signs of Imbalanced Chakras in Human Body
When chakras of our body are imbalanced, it can manifest in various ways, affecting our physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Here are some common signs of imbalanced chakras:
1. Physical Symptoms: Physical symptoms can vary depending on which chakra is imbalanced. For example, an imbalanced root chakra can result in lower back pain, digestive issues, or problems with the legs and feet. Imbalances in the throat chakra may manifest as sore throats, thyroid problems, or difficulty in expressing oneself.
2. Emotional and Mental Symptoms: Imbalanced chakras can also affect our emotional and mental states. For instance, an imbalanced sacral chakra may lead to mood swings, emotional instability, or a lack of creativity. An imbalanced heart chakra can manifest as difficulty in forming deep connections, feelings of isolation, or an inability to give or receive love.
3. Spiritual Symptoms: Imbalanced chakras can create a disconnection from our spiritual selves. This may result in a lack of purpose, a feeling of being lost or disconnected, or a general sense of spiritual apathy.
It’s important to note that these symptoms may be indicative of other underlying issues as well. However, by paying attention to these signs and recognizing any patterns, you can gain valuable insights into the areas of your energy system that may need attention and healing.
How to Balance and Align Your 7 Chakras?
Now that we understand the fundamentals of 7 chakras in human body and their significance, let’s explore some techniques to balance and align these energy centers. Here are a few effective methods you can incorporate into your daily routine:
1. Chakra Meditation: Meditation is a powerful tool for balancing and aligning your chakras. By focusing your attention on each chakra individually, you can bring awareness and healing energy to these energy centers. Visualizations, affirmations, and breathing techniques can enhance the effectiveness of your chakra meditation practice.
2. Yoga Poses for Chakra Balancing: Yoga poses, or asanas, can help activate and balance specific chakras. Each pose targets a different energy center, allowing the prana to flow freely and removing any blockages. For example, the tree pose is beneficial for grounding and balancing the root chakra, while the fish pose stimulates the throat chakra.
3. Chakra Healing Stones and Crystals: Crystals and gemstones have unique vibrational properties that can aid in chakra healing. Each stone corresponds to a specific chakra and can be used to clear, activate, and balance the energy centers. For instance, amethyst is associated with the crown chakra and can support spiritual growth and connection.
4. Sound Healing: Sound healing, using instruments such as singing bowls or tuning forks, can help restore harmony to your chakras. The vibrations produced by these instruments can help release any stagnant energy and bring your energy centers into alignment. By incorporating these techniques into your daily routine, you can begin to restore balance and alignment to your chakras, promoting overall health and well-being.
Congratulations on completing this beginner’s guide to understanding and balancing your chakras! You have gained valuable insights of 7 chakras in human body and how they influence your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Armed with this knowledge, you are now equipped to embark on a transformative journey towards self-discovery and enlightenment.
Remember, balancing and aligning your chakras is an ongoing process, and it requires patience, dedication, and self-care. Listen to your body, trust your intuition, and explore the various techniques and practices that resonate with you.
As you continue to unleash the power within, you will discover a profound sense of balance, clarity, and vitality. Embrace this awe-inspiring adventure into the mystical realms of your very own energy system, and watch as your life unfolds with newfound joy, purpose, and enlightenment.